We are leading the Gender Equal NZ movement.
We are fighting for gender equality because we want all New Zealanders to have the freedom and opportunity to determine their own future.
Discrimination can be more subtle than it once was. We see it in our everyday interactions, with subtle gender inequality being revealed in attitudes and assumptions. For some, gender inequality is more obvious. For all of us, the job is not done. Find out more here.
We are an umbrella organisation with a volunteer board and 19 branches nationwide. More than 250 organisations, as well as individuals, are members. Established in 1896, we have led or supported many initiatives that have benefited New Zealand communities.
- “So, what exactly is your job?”
- Feminism and trans rights must go hand-in-hand
- Out-dated gender roles: Gender pay gap larger among parents than non-parents
- Paid partner leave would help to achieve gender equality
- The National Council of Women is calling on Good Guys on our Founders’ Day
- Help lead NCWNZ and Gender Equal NZ