We are leading the Gender Equal NZ movement.
We are fighting for gender equality because we want all New Zealanders to have the freedom and opportunity to determine their own future.
Discrimination can be more subtle than it once was. We see it in our everyday interactions, with subtle gender inequality being revealed in attitudes and assumptions. For some, gender inequality is more obvious. For all of us, the job is not done. Find out more here.
We are an umbrella organisation with a volunteer board and 15 branches nationwide. More than 200 organisations, as well as individuals, are members. Established in 1896, we have led or supported many initiatives that have benefited New Zealand communities.
- Balance for better this International Women’s Day means including all genders
- Abortion: 66% of NZers agree that a woman should have the right to choose
- Ignorance is not bliss – context is everything
- Expressions Of Interest – Chief Executive, National Council of Women New Zealand (NCWNZ)
- Lies, damned lies and statistics? Telling accurate stories from data
- Suffrage 125 a milestone year for the National Council of Women